Silver Moonlight
Hello Guest! Thank you for visiting! It may seem like we don't have much, but upon registering you gain access to the real fun-the parts of the site hidden to guests such as art and roleplay! So join us to advertise art, roleplay, or just chat! We don't bite! (Most of the time)

- LarkoftheRiver, Overlord

We also have cookies.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Silver Moonlight
Hello Guest! Thank you for visiting! It may seem like we don't have much, but upon registering you gain access to the real fun-the parts of the site hidden to guests such as art and roleplay! So join us to advertise art, roleplay, or just chat! We don't bite! (Most of the time)

- LarkoftheRiver, Overlord

We also have cookies.
Silver Moonlight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Updates
Changing your icon EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 6:22 am by ariaofthesoul

» More ranking ideas
Changing your icon EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 10:56 am by Nova

» More activity needed+thoughts
Changing your icon EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 5:12 pm by LarkoftheRiver

» The Blood Packs
Changing your icon EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 10:06 pm by Guest

» So, what even IS Silver-Moonlight
Changing your icon EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 1:00 pm by LarkoftheRiver

» Friends list addition
Changing your icon EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 10:18 pm by LarkoftheRiver

» Request Username change here
Changing your icon EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 8:28 pm by LarkoftheRiver

» Updated BBcode and Organization
Changing your icon EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 4:22 pm by LarkoftheRiver

» Retrieving Topics From Archives
Changing your icon EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 10:12 pm by LarkoftheRiver

I forgot my password

Word Counter
Copy and paste your post into the box below to count the words.

Changing your icon

Go down

Changing your icon Empty Changing your icon

Post  LarkoftheRiver Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:20 am

After testing some things out this morning, I found out some things about icons that are worth sharing.

Now, let's put on an icon. Ohhh this pic of Umbreon is cool! Let's use it!
Changing your icon Umbreon
Keep in mind that this image is too big for the icon feature to support. The max size for icon is 150x150. This is over 200 pixels wide.

Now, the first thing you'll do is save it to your computer and try to upload it directly. Well, that would work if it was under the size limit. Hm.. let's try out the other options.

To use the next two fields, you need the actual image location. Right click on the image and click "view image" (or something of the like) This little guy's link is http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090506194611/pokemon/images/9/9f/Umbreon.png

As you can see, the first option takes the image and puts it to the size, so let's see what happens.
Changing your icon 2-49
AHHH WHERE DID OUR TRANSPARENT BACKGROUND GO.
I've found that the current uploader that Forumotion uses has an issue with transparent images. If your image isn't transparent, this will be perfect. But ours is transparent, so let's keep going.

The next option copies the image directly to the site. So, paste the image link in and see what happens.
Changing your icon PnKKPIp
Oh my gosh Umbreon is eating the page. It did that because the image is too big. So, you'll have to resize it.

You can resize in all editing programs. If you're just using it for icon resizing, I recommend Gimp. Its free and resizing is about all it does well. Its pretty cheap for anything else. But its a free program so you know.. can't expect anything nice. But it will do what you want.
LarkoftheRiver
LarkoftheRiver
Founder

http://larkoftheriver.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum